Friday 22 August 2014

Face mask Friday- Mask of Magnaminty

I was thinking of a series I could do on my blog and I thought of Face Mask Friday! I love doing face masks because of the way they can make your skin feel and also they're just quite fun to do while your having a nice relaxing night. As I'm currently writing this it is Friday but I'm currently in the process of setting up my custom domain and google said it can take up to 24 hours to process and it still hasn't at the moment so it could well be Saturday or Sunday before you can read this sorry :( !
Anyways.... So the mask I'm trying this week is Lush's Mask of Magnaminty. I had watched and read a few reviews on this mask and was persuaded to try it. 




Now I'll tell you a little bit about my skin to put this into context. So I believe I have combination skin, I get quite oily and not just in my t-zone but all over and I also have very sensitive skin. So I breakout really easily and many skincare products have really aggravated my skin and caused spots. I am currently on an acne gel which I got prescribed by my doctor which has really helped my skin but I still do breakout from time to time normally because of products I am trying out. Now the main reason I try new products out is because I am still trying to perfect my skin routine, I'm sure I will finally get there at some point haha. 
So before using this mask I did have texture on my face I had a few small spots on my right side of my face and I had a gigantic spot on the left side. This mask is specifically for people with problematic skin. 


When I opened the mask the smell that came from it was delightful. It smelt like mint chocolate chip ice cream. I love when face masks have a nice smell to them because let's get real, who wants to put something all over their face that smells vile?! The lady who sold me this at Lush told me that this mask is now self preserving so it has a slightly different texture to the old formula but now includes things like Aloe Vera in it so is even better for your skin. 

I kept this mask on for 10 minutes like it advises you to do and then I washed it of with warm water. When I first applied the mask it had quite a cooling effect to it that most products that are minty have (I don't think minty is a real word but oh well :)).


This mask is very grainy so when washing it off it seems to exfoliate your skin too. Once off I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. My skin looked quite a bit calmer than it had. The spots are smaller and less angry looking and the redness in my skin has definitely calmed down. My skin also feels so soft! I love this mask! I can't wait to use it again I feel like it really does help skin with spots. I also think this mask is really good value for money- for the huge tub you get you only pay £9.25 bargain! Find it at: https://www.lush.co.uk/products/masks/mask-magnaminty 


I will be doing another one if these next Friday I'm not too sure what mask I will be trying out as of yet but if you have any suggestions please let me know in the comments :).
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment