Thursday 28 August 2014

First Impression- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner

So I've never really found my holy grail shampoo or conditioner so I'm forever trying out different brands. I know a lot of people say that you need to switch up your shampoo and conditioner on a regular basis but I've used certain shampoos and conditioners for a long time previously and my hair has been fine.
There were two things that drew me to this shampoo and conditioner. The first being the colour I absolutely love this shade of blue and I've said it before I do love things that are packaged nicely, I know this doesn't guarantee that they actually work but if something is packaged nicely I am more likely to try it.
The second reason I picked this up is because it is the Hello Hydration range. For those of you who don't know I used to be platinum blonde about two years ago and the bleach absolutely ruined my hair. It's took sooo long to grow out and is finally starting to get in good condition again. The ends still have a little bit of blonde in but I'm sure my next trim will get the last of it out. Because there is that little bit of blonde in, the ends of my hair are so dry so I figured this shampoo and conditioner might help. So this shampoo and conditioner are for dry/damaged hair and they are meant to deeply hydrate your hair and give it an amazing shine. It includes coconut and orchid extracts and I think the shine must be due to the coconut extracts as coconut is amazing for your hair as well as many other things.


So the colour of this shampoo is amazing and I don't think it smells like coconut, it has more of a tropical scent to it which is really lovely. This lathers up really nicely but I found I had to use quite a lot but I do have quite a lot of hair so that is probably why. One negative is that I did get this is my eye and it stung so bad so next time I will have to be more careful :).


The colour of the conditioner is a lighter blue and smells the same as the shampoo. It's really nice and thick which I really like so I put a lot on the ends of my hair hoping it would inject some moisture into it.
Once I washed it out I dried my hair as normal and I have to say I'm very impressed. My hair is now sooo shiny and feels amazing. The scent has stayed  in my hair a little but it is very subtle and not overpowering at all. The ends of my hair are still a bit dry and damaged but compared to how they were and considering this is the first use of this shampoo and conditioner, they do seem to be in a much better condition. I would definitely repurchase these! 
Hope you've enjoyed this first impression :).
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment