Sunday 31 August 2014

Maybelline Colour Tattoo Review

So I was thinking what I could do my next review on and I know these are super popular with many beauty bloggers so I thought I would give you my opinions on them :). Before trying these I had never tried cream eyeshadows before so I was a bit apprehensive as you all know that I'm a fan of all things matte! I choose these four colours as I thought neutrals are always a good starting point. The four I have are: pink gold, on and on bronze, eternal gold and permanent taupe. I have to say these are all beautiful colours and are colours that you can wear day or night depending on how you wear them.

Pink Gold


I absolutely love this colour. It hasn't showed up to well on the swatch but it is a lovely light pink shade with a shimmer to it. It's really creamy and blends out really well. My favourite way to apply this for a daytime look is to apply it with a big fluffy blending brush. By applying it like this you can build up the colour without it being too much.

On and On Bronze


This colour is really good for doing a brown smokey eye look. It's really creamy and so pigmented. It comes out slightly darker than it looks in the pot but I really love this colour. I've used this alone and I've used it as an eyeshadow base and it works great both ways. If you are looking to get any one of these I would definitely suggest this one as I think you would gey the most use out of this one.

Eternal Gold


This colour is so pigmented. I usually find gold eyeshadows to not have much pigment so I'm super impressed with this one. I normally wear this one as an eyeshadow base and it looks great with loads of different shades on top of it. You also don't need to build this one up as it is so pigmented especially if applied with your fingers. 

Permanent Taupe


I definitely thought this would be my favourite out of all of them but I did find that this one is quite hard to apply. I found that this one isn't as creamy as the others and so it makes it quite hard to blend out and build up. However, once it is on it is a really beautiful colour. My favourite way to wear this is just by itself rather than a base but it does take time to blend out but it is worth it.

I LOVE these and they are so affordable! I have to say after using these I now want to try more cream eyeshadows and I even think I might prefer cream eyeshadows over powder eyeshadows (pretty shocking :))! These are all so pigmented and I find that the best way to apply these if you want them to look really pigmented is with your fingers and just to dab on rather than swipe. However, if you prefer using a brush I would suggest using a big fluffy blending brush, this makes them go on not as pigmented but blends them out really well and you can build up the colour. Also a little tip- I was in Boots recently and I noticed they had 3 for 2 on Maybelline so if you fancy treating yourself to these I would get them from Boots!
Let me know if you have tried these and what you think of them.
Much love, 
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment