Sunday 10 August 2014

Starting up

So this is my first ever blog and first ever blog post. I've thought about having a blog for some time now to share my thoughts on my favourite things; those being fashion, make up and skin care. I may also just share some random things on here from time to time as well.
So I thought to start this off I would share what I currently keep in my make up bag- my make up essentials.

 So my make up bag is from Topshop and anyone who knows me knows that I am in love with holographic things and when I saw this make up bag I had to have it.

Recently I have been trying out quite a few new products as I love doing this from time to time so I don't get stuck in a rut. So my current favourite foundation is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Ecru. I have loved this foundation for quite a while now and I realise that there are a lot of reviews out there about this product. It is full coverage and I know some people are not a fan of that look but I am. I have nothing but good things to say about this foundation. I love the coverage, the finish which is not dewy but also not super matte and the colour is a great match too. I love love love it.
 The next thing in my make up bag is Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC15. I realise that using this on top of my foundation is pretty much using two foundations but I love my make up being full coverage and by using a light layer of this allows me to create that look and not look cakey. I also love looking matte, I think this is because I have normal to oily skin and hate that shiny look on my skin. Some people look amazing with dewy skin but I just don't feel like it suits me.
 I am currently using Mac's Powder Blush in Lovecloud. This is the first time I had purchased this shade and the only reason I did really was because they don't stock Pink Swoon anymore which I loved. This blush was the closest shade that I could find that was in stock at my local Mac counter. I'm not crazy about this shade at the moment but I have only been using it for a couple of weeks so I'll keep going with it and keep you updated on how I feel about it.
 As I am so pale I have always found it hard finding a bronzer that doesn't look too dark on my skin but I think I have the perfect one- Benefit's Hoola. This is a mini tester I got at Christmas and you can tell the packaging is a bit worse for wear but it is still going strong, although I have hit pan. This bronzer is definitely buildable and will work on darker skin tones and I think could easily look too dark on my skin but using the right brush and not too much product allows me to use this on my skin to not only bronze it but to contour aswell.
  On a typical day I don't always wear eyeshadow so I don't keep one in my make up bag that I carry around with me but I cannot live withput liquid eyeliner. I normally just do a normal cat eye flick and I'm good to go. The liquid eyeliner that I love is Mac's Liquid Eyeliner in boot black- yes I am a Mac fiend. I absolutely love this eyeliner, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. It has a nice little tip which allows me to create thin or thick lines and it is really black as well which is another plus as I have found with some others that I have tried out in the past almost look grey.
 I always switch up my mascaras as I love trying new ones out. Currently I am using Maybelline's The Rocket Volum' Express in Black. I had read a lot of reviews on this mascara as it is fairly new and I thought I would pick it up and see how it worked for me .I have only used this for a couple of weeks too but I absolutely love it. I love how thick the brush is and I love how thick and voluminous my lashes look when I have used it. I am a big fan of false lashes but when I wear this I don't feel the need to wear them as much. Don't get me wrong it doesn't look like I have false lashes on but my eyelashes don't look bad when wearing this mascara.
 There is one thing I cannot leave the house without and that is my Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black/Brown. I love filling in my eyebrows not only to create a nice shape but also to fill in any sparse areas. This pencil is so creamy and glides on easily which is why it has become a staple product in my make up bag. I do feel like I need to branch out and try some new eyebrow products as I have repurchased this soooo many times and I have used this pencil for about 2 years now and you can tell that mine is well loved. If anyone has any good brow product suggestions please let me know :).
That is all that is in my make up bag currently you might think it's strange that I don't have a lipstick in here as I wear lipstick every day but I don't have one lipstick that I wear day in day out. I pretty much change my lipstick that is in my make up bag every day. I will do a lipstick post on my favourite lipsticks and I will do my favourite make up brushes in a post too as if I included it in here this post would be even bigger than it is now. So that is everything that is currently in my make up bag. Hope you enjoyed my first ever post and I would love to know your thoughts on any of the products I have mentioned or any products that are your current favourites.
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment