Saturday 23 August 2014

The Body Shop Goodies


So I like switching up the cleansers I use I dunno why exactly but I just do. My skin is very easily aggravated and it seems like most things I have used before do break me out so I am constantly looking for skincare that won't do this. I love The Body Shop ethos and all of their products that I have tried I have always loved.

So a couple of days ago I went in their looking for a cleanser to remove my make up as my Garnier Micellar Water had ran out (by the way I have to say that Micellar Water is amazing if you haven't tried it I definitely recommend!). I knew that I wanted to try out an oil based cleanser as I hadn't tried one before. After looking around for a while I came across the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. First of all I like how the Camomile range is for all skin types so would hopefully not break out my combination skin. The first night I tried this I instantly fell in love with it! All you do is pump a few squirts out and rub it all over your face. After a few minutes you could see all of the make up move all over your face and it even dissolved my eyeliner. Then you just add warm water to it and wash it off. Normally when I use a cleanser it takes a few go's for it to remove all of my make up but once I added the water to this oil and rinsed it off, all my make up was off. I can be quite lazy when it comes to taking my make up off so this was a massive bonus. I was amazed and I am so glad I bought this I will most definitely be repurchasing this. My skin felt sooo soft after using it too, absolutely amazing.



So when I got to the till the assistant told me that it was 3 for 2 an all their products.... well I couldn't resist and went off to find two more products. The next two things I bought were actually inspired by another beauty blogger, you have probably all heard of her- Gabriella aka Velvetgh0st. She talked about these two products in a couple of her YouTube videos and because she recommended these, it inspired me to try them. The first one is the Honey Bronzer in the shade 02. Now because I am very fair skinned most bronzers come off looking far too dark for me- even if I just use the slightest bit. I was amazed when I used this for the first time. Not only is the packaging amazing, I mean I was drawn to it, it's soooo beautiful and I know the packaging isn't everything but I do enjoy things that are packaged nicely. But apart from tha,t this is the perfect shade for me. This is the first bronzer I have used where I can actually build up the colour on my skin and it doesn't look absolutely ridiculous.It is also matte and you know I love matte make up products! It doesn't have any particular smell which doesn't bother me and is perfect for girls with fairer skin tones looking for a product that they can bronze their skin with and contour- I love a bit of contouring especially since I have a round face just gives a bit of definition :). Love this my new must have bronzer!


The second recommendation was the Instablur primer. This is described as an "All in One 5-action perfector". Now I'm always a bit skeptical when it comes to primers as all of the ones I have tried previously haven't seemed to actually do anything well... I've never noticed a difference. So I was a bit unsure about getting this product but I thought to myself it's 3 for 2 so I may as well try it. So the consistency of this is very similar to Maybelline's Baby Skin when I squeezed it out. This is also universal so all skin tones can use it as it doesn't have any colour added to it. I have to thank Gabriella for recommending this as even before I put my foundation on I could tell a difference. Now I wouldn't just say that, I was so shocked when I applied it, it actually did blur my pores and make my skin look better than it had looked. So anyway I carried on and put the rest of my make up on and I have to say I don't have the best skin but it looked pretty good once I was finished doing my make up- better than usual. I'm actually amazed at how good this is as I said I didn't really "believe" in using a primer but after trying this I can see now why people do and I am so glad I picked this up.

So all in all a successful trip. I hadn't had the best of days and when I popped in to The Body Shop the lady who served me was so lovely and had amazing customer service and I left in a much better mood than I had went in with. So if you're in Newcastle I would definitely pop in, the staff are lovely! I am so happy with all the things I have got and I would recommend them all. If you have any recommendation from The Body Shop please leave them in a comment below I would love to try more products! Also just in case you don't know who Gabriella is, I am sure you will, but just in case you don't here is a link to her blog http://www.velvetgh0st.co.uk/  . You can also find her on YouTube if you search Velvetgh0st, I really enjoy her videos.
Much love,
Lucy

*Disclaimer: I would never recommend products that I don't actually like, that isn't me and no amount of money would make me do that. All of these opinions are my own and I bought all of these products myself :).

No comments:

Post a Comment