Friday 26 September 2014

Face Mask Friday- SkinPep Brightening Enzyme and Acid Peel


Hello again!
First of all I just want to say that I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as much this week as usual just had a lot on recently but I promise I'm going to try and get back blogging regularly. So it's Friday again (these weeks are flying by!) so I thought I would try this sample that I got in my Glossybox. This isn't a traditional face mask but you can leave it on like you would with a face mask so that's how I've used it haha. But you can use it as an exfoliater too, by just rubbing it all over a damp face and then rinsing off after 1-2 minutes.
So as you can see I've got a few little blemishes this week although not too sure why but at least it's only a couple!



With this peel you can use it twice a week and it promises to remove dead skin and leave you with soft, clear, bright, moisturised and hydrated skin! That's a lot to promise! 
So when I opened this it was just a clear liquid fairly standard looking and was easy to apply and wasn't too thick. I wanted to use this as a mask so I left it on for about 8 minutes. So when I first put it on it started stinging slightly and then the longer I keep it on for my face got super itchy. Now I do have sensitive skin so for any of you have sensitive skin I do not recommend this, my face was really sore after using this. Now the company do recommend that you do a patch test before using this but I was too impatient but I wish I had now as my skin is sore (my own fault haha).  So anyways while this was on it didn't feel tight as it was drying and I thought that once it was dry you had to peel it off but that wasn't the case. Once it had dried you then re-activate it with water and rub it in circular motions and then rinse it off.



So my skin did feel nice and soft once this mask came off and my skin did look exceptionally bright and clean. However, I spend a lot of the day making sure that I don't look oily but once this was off due to the fact it is 'brightening' my skin was so shiny, like a glitter ball not even exaggerating (well maybe a little haha). I did not enjoy that as I looked super oily yet to touch I wasn't oily at all, so if you like dewy looking skin this would probably be a good product for you to try.
So you can by this here, you can get a 3.5 ml sachet which is what I used for £3.99 or you can get different amounts in tubes for different prices. I did get mine in my Glossybox though. So overall, I wouldn't try this again as my skin is just far too sensitive for this product so I can't judge it fairly. It has irritated my skin but if you don't have super sensitive skin and like dewy looking skin you should try this!
Let me know if you have tried this and what you thought of it.
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment