Sunday 28 September 2014

Getting fit and healthy!

So this is a different kind of post today but I thought I would share it with you anyway. So before I went on my holiday in June I was eating really healthy and exercising loads and was really motivated and I lost a stone which I was so happy about and then when I came back my motivation had just disappeared. Over the last few months I've been trying to get that motivation back but it just has not been happening and now I've put that stone back on and maybe even a little more! So I've finally decided that I'm going to make myself be motivated because I don't feel myself and when I was exercising and eating healthy I felt a lot better in myself. 
So the main reason I'm going to remotivate myself to do this is because I want to lose the weight I have put back on and I want to be healthy aswell. I read something somewhere I can't remember where but it was something like every time you eat you are either fighting disease or feeding disease and that shocked me because when you think about it it's true! Also, I realise I can't just start this to lose weight then go back to how I am, I obviously need to maintain it and I think once I get back into it and seeing results and feeling better I will!



So to start this I like to have something where you can track goals and progress and I used to have the Myfitness pal app on my phone but I recently found a new app called My Plate and you input all of your details and it comes up with a calorie allowance that you should stick to to reach your goals. It's very similar to Myfitness pal but I like trying new things so I thought I would give it a go. You can record everything you eat in a day and what exercise you do and then it works out how many calories you've eaten. I know some people don't like calorie counting but I like these sorts of apps and I do think they help me. Best bit is it's only 99p for the full version- bargain! 
So that's how I will keep track of the foods I'm eating and if you have any healthy recipe ideas I would love for you to share them in the comments so I can try a few new things!
On to exercise! Now I love exercising once I'm doing it and once I've done it but it's actually motivating myself to do it that's the hard bit! Does anyone else find this haha?! I am joined up to a gym and I do pole fitness aswell but I just need to use these together like I did before my holiday! So whenever I have a day off I've promised myself I have to do one or the other haha! So obviously pole fitness is amazing for your body but some people think of it as quite controversial. I don't, it's so much fun for both boys and girls and you learn how to do some amazing things and at the same time increase your body strength, get toned and have fun! I love it and in Newcastle I go to Northern Pole Dance where they are amazing. They teach you how to complete all the moves properly and safely and each month you get to take part in routine week where you learn routines including the moves you've learnt. I would recommend trying this if you don't like traditional gym workouts. Another thing I used to do before I went on holiday was yoga. I didn't join a class I just searched on YouTube and found the 30 day yoga challenge. I really got into it and thinking about it now I wish I had stuck at it! Better late than never though and I am going to get back into it. I think yoga is great for toning up and improving your flexibility. 
So I thought I would just share this with you as I know this is a very popular subject and I thought I would just let you know how I used to keep fit and this is what I will be starting again haha as from today! Let me know what forms of exercise you like to do and if you have tried any of the ones I've mentioned :).
Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment