Sunday 9 November 2014

Internet Hate

So normally I do get Sunday's off and I normally spend them lying in bed watching films and being lazy basically haha but I think you do need days like that to relax :). I also browse through facebook, Instagram and Twitter to find new blogs and keep myself entertained really.
So recently, I don't know if it's because I use social media a lot more than I used to or what but there seems to be so much hate going around on the Internet and really is it necessary?! 
I personally cannot understand how what someone else is doing with their life can affect another person soooo much that it makes them feel like they need to leave a nasty comment. I just do not understand that at all. I was brought up with the saying if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all and I'm sure a lot of people have heard that yet so many people feel like it is their place to say nasty things to others because they are online and it really annoys me!
The post that inspired me to write this I came across on Twitter by blogginganne, she was responding to a post Zoella has done on this subject and how recently Zoe has received a lot of hate from people online and how that has affected her and made her stop vlogging. 
Now when I read this I was pretty shocked because recently I have seen articles "hating" on Zoe and I personally think it's stupid. Like I'm not saying in life you have to like everyone and every single person you meet you MUST be their best friend but there is no need to write vile nasty things that are going to purposefully hurt that other person. 
Also if you wouldn't say it to their face don't feel like just because you are sitting behind a computer screen makes a difference- it's still wrong!
This has turned into a bit of a rant but I just do not understand what goes through people's minds at times. I mean I have been lucky so far, I've been writing my blog for like 3 months now and I've only my received lovely comments so far which I am grateful for. I don't live in a bubble and I am pretty sure there are people who have read my blog and haven't enjoyed it at all which is fine but I am also grateful that they haven't left nasty messages and good on them! Things like blogs and YouTube are stupid reasons to leave nasty comments, like what?!
Also, a lot of these people leaving the hate comments are women surely (not wanting to sound like a hardcore feminist or really cheesy haha) but surely shouldn't we be supporting each other not making each other feel like crap! 
Fair enough if you don't agree with someone's views or opinions that's why you have your own but personally I don't think they need to be broadcast if they are hurtful or nasty. 
Everyone has their right to their own opinion and views but it comes back to if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all and just think how would you feel if someone was attacking you, I pretty sure you wouldn't like it!
I keep saying you and I know probably 99.9% of the people who read this agree with what I am saying and I am not directing it at all of you lovely people but I didn't know how else to phrase it haha. 
So that's my rant over, a bit of an unexpected blog post but when I feel passionately about something I like to share it (as long as it's not nasty or cruel to another person).
I would definitely recommend reading the two posts I've mentioned they will be linked above! Also what are your feelings on this? Let me know (remember nothing nice to say don't say it at all 😉).
Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment