Tuesday 9 December 2014

BLOGMAS Day 9 Christmas Party Make Up and Outfit

Hi everyone,

So I recently asked on Twitter if anyone would like to do a collab with me and the lovely Sarah who blogs at What Sass Says got in touch and we planned to do this Christmas Party Look. She posted hers earlier today and I read it and I definitely think you should go over to her blog and check it out :).

So a few days ago I posted what I wore to my Christmas party and it was mainly just pictures so I'll give you all the details in this post and details on my make up and hair too :). 

So if you want to find out keep reading :)!

Outfit







A few weeks ago I created a Polyvore board of my Top 5 Christmas Dresses but I hadn't discovered this one by Motel at that point and when I found it I knew I had to have it. It's beautiful! It's like an iridescent green and I never really wear colour but I had to have this it is soo shimmery and looks blue in some lights and green in others, it's amazing. I decided to go bare legs and I wore my Jeffrey Campbell look a likes from Garage shoes. These are based on the Skully shoes by Jeffrey Campbell but are much more affordable. They are my favourite shoes and because they have such a big platform they don't hurt your feet as much as some heels do. I then paired this outfit with a black and silver chocker from Topshop and just a simple plain silver chain. Seeing as it is December I had to wear a jacket if I didn't want to freeze to death, even though I am from Newcastle jackets are definitely a must for me in December haha! So I wore a pleather one from Topshop which has a detachable fur collar which I love but I did detatch it for this look. 

Make Up




So seeing as it was a Christmas night out make up look I went all out. I used myEstee  Lauder Double Wear Foundation to create a flawless full coverage look and set that all in place with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Because the dress is quite a bold colour I decided to do a brown smokey eye using Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze and then I used Topshop's Smokey Eye Palette on top of that. To add that little bit of Christmas sparkle to it I added the Barry M Dazzle Dust in Gold under my lower lash line as I think gold and brown goes together nicely. I lined my lid with Mac's Liquid Liner and did a cat eye and added Tanya Burr lashes in Girls's Night Out which are my favourite going out lashes. I was torn over what colour lip to have but I finally settled on a red and my perfect red is Mac's Ruby Woo with Bare Minerals Be Bold over the top. I bronzed up my face using a combination of Hoola by Benefit and The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer in Shade 2. Put a little bit of Melba blush on by Mac and I was good to go :)! If you would like a more in depth step by step on this look let me know on the comments and I can get that up for you :).

Hair

I wanted to have loose waves in my hair, nothing too crazy so I just really loosely curled the bottom half of my hair using my straightners as I was rapidly running out of time haha but I do like how it turned out :).

So that was my Christmas party hair, make up and outfit! I hope you like it and enjoyed reading this. 

I just want to say a big thank you to Sarah for doing this collaboration with me and you should go give her a follow,her blog is amazing- I really enjoy it :).

Much love,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment